Glow Discharge Atomic Emission Spectrometer
Our Glow Discharge Atomic Emission Spectrometers provide accurate bulk analysis and quantitative depth profiling for a variety of metal materials. The GDS850 covers a wide spectral range from 120 to 800 nm and may be configured with up to 58 channels, so you'll have a customized solution for your lab.
- Uniform sputtering and the nonthermal sample process is well-suited for difficult applications
- Separation of sputtering and excitation
- Linear calibration curves with wide dynamic range
- Minimized self-absorption and material re-deposition
- Excitation of almost exclusively atom lines
- Fewer and narrower emission lines reduce interference
- Freedom from metallurgical history
- Fewer standards required for calibration
- Low argon gas consumption for a
- Automatic cleaning between samples saves you time
The GDS850 is ideal for the following applications: steel, iron (including as-cast), aluminum, copper, zinc, nickel, cobalt, tungsten, and titanium materials.
Other methods may preferentially attack the sample surface and do not always provide a representative sample to analyze. With glow discharge, sample material is uniformly sputtered from the surface. The nonthermal nature of the sampling process makes this an excellent technique for difficult applications.
Glow Discharge Spectrometry utilizes a low-pressure, non-thermal process in which material is uniformly sputtered from the sample surface by a stream of argon ions. The sputtered material is then atomized and excited in a low-pressure plasma discharge, away from the sample surface. The GDS850 focuses this technology to enhance your lab’s performance for both process control and research/development investigations. It delivers highly accurate bulk analysis as well as compositional depth profiling for coatings analysis and surface treatments.